So the rules for the Beautiful Blogger award are as follows:
2. Answer 10 questions you have about yourself
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number. (I’ll pick the number)
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
10 questions about myself? I'm going to assume it's just "10 bits of trivia about yourself," and go with it.
1. I love projects. This blog is the latest in a long, long line of projects that let me express myself. When I'm able I love doing electrical work, growing heirloom tomatoes, and repairing old windows.
2. I used to think the Barenaked Ladies were retarded until I actually listened to their (non One Week) stuff, and then they became my favorite band. Then they split (though technically they still exist, what's left is kind of icky to me), and I was sad.
3. I met all my best friends, including my husband, either on the internet or because of the internet. It has enriched my life incredibly and I am very grateful for access to it.
4. My first time was in a hotel room with a boy I'd known and loved for two years but only just met, and "Legend" was playing on the TV.
5. It kind of makes me sad that the TV was on, even though that was probably the most memorable part of the whole thing.
6. My munchkin is addicted to Portal. He's 4. Yeah, I dunno, I want to read with him but he just wants to play Portal.
7. While sometimes I wish my friends and I lived closer to each other, I wouldn't trade any of them for more geographically convenient ones.
8. I love cooking but the cleanup afterward just doesn't do it for me. Thankfully my husband doesn't seem to mind so much.
9. Jon Pertwee in a dress made every more boring episode we'd watched up until that point totally worth it.
10. Doctor Who. Doctor Who. Doctor Who?
Okay, I'm pulling out of my own head now, and diving into Scot's. My favorite story on The Dom Next Door is Thanks for Coming, Please Come Again, and it's because of the language. Scot's writing is often brilliantly descriptive, but the orders he delivers in this one just do it for me. I know sex is full of moaning, grunting, and gasping, but it's when lots of words come into play that I really begin to feel the scene, and so, this is mine. It's also awesome for a man of any inclination to make his wife come over and over and over and over - writing about that is even more of a win than doing it.
And now for my nominations! I'd like to just highlight a few awesome blogs that I've only recently come to appreciate, but naturally all the lovely folks on my blog roll are awarded too, if they'd like to play. If I didn't adore them they wouldn't be there.
Lolli Poppin Lane - A fairly new blog written with a very fresh perspective on submissive kink, spankings, and life. I love the energy of her writing. And she loves pussy spanking. What's gonna be wrong with that?
Deviant Wench - Sporadic but hot. Submissive, kinky, feminist. Wait, is that me? No, just another awesome woman blogging from within a fantastic sexual relationship.
Absinthe Passion - I'm so, so sad that it took me so long to get over to Mr. AP's blog. But intially I saw his comments as "absinthepassion" and for some reason I kept reading "abs in the passion," and I could NOT figure out what kind of blog that would be. I'm inundated in stuff over here, so some weird blog about abdominal sex was not going to make the cut to be worthy of my time.
But then one day, after he made a particularly insightful comment somewhere, I realized it was absinthe, not "abs in the." Duh, me. Anyway, he writes well and passionately and you should read his stuff.
Yes. Just three for me, because I haven't been out there finding new blogs perhaps like I should.
I'm actually kind of a shy, introverted sort of geek, you know.