Friday, June 29, 2012

Better than Fifty Shades of Grey


I found this amazing story earlier: Just Once

So much of it resonated with me so deeply. Even if any of the specific acts don't get my motor purring, the general feel of the piece was superior. So much crappy erotica is out there, but this is something very special.   Yeah, 2001 was a long time ago, but I don't remember any crazy over the guy then either. 

Why this guy isn't getting random mass recognition for his writing efforts, I don't know. But I thought I'd shout it to the people who I do have a bit of influence over.

On the language front, no. I was pretty sure, as I reviewed the previous night’s events once more, that I had shied away from the words I thought to be too hurtful. On the other hand...
I said aloud, over the whine of the vacuum cleaner, “You dope, you ran out of other hands an hour ago.”
...On the other hand, calling my beloved wife “cunt-face” hadn’t exactly been planned out as a safe thing to say. Where the heck had that come from? All right, say that when it came to language I had been right on the edge.

20 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for the recommendation! I'm about half-way-through without even realizing I've been sitting at the computer so long. That's a sign of a good story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!!! Great great story! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read! Thanks for sharing that link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a GREAT story... I was trying to read it and follow Top Gun with the kiddo all at the same time, which was insane, but the music and my frantic-ness to keep up with both just enhanced it all.

    Good call, girly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were able to read it, even if it did take some doing. :)

      Delete
  5. Great story; what an amazing find, I am going to have to read lots more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets the voices and the motivations of his characters so spot-on, it's hard to believe. I sent him some comments and he emailed me back within hours too - so he definitely still cares about feedback.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I will definitely write to him too then!

      Delete
  6. OK, see now, the idea turns me on, the whole being used for sex thing, but it immediately all goes to hell for me with all the slut talk. For it to turn me on I need the man to be powerful, in charge, taking what he wants, but in an entirely different way. Maybe I'll post an example chapter of my fiction on my blog, just some random chapter in the middle of the story somewhere. Considering there's sex in almost every chapter and there are several-hundred chapters, might be difficult to choose. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but it worked for the woman in the story, which was all her husband was after. :) Lots of the stuff going on there wouldn't have worked for me, but I loved how much time he spent thinking about it and trying to make it perfect for her.

      Delete
  7. I just thought of something. I could print out the first sex scene in that story as an example for my man of what I DON'T want. And I could print out a scene from my own fiction as an example of what I DO want. Hmm. I wonder if he'd be willing to read them. Hmm. Possibly. I'll have to work on this plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you could write him a whole new story special for the two of you. He might really like that.

      Mine does.

      Lacking time, though, your plan is sound. :)

      Delete
  8. My God what a find. How hot, how sweet, how brilliant! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I like to share awesomeness.

      Delete

Thank you for reading. I hope you'll let me know you were here - I like friends!