Monday, July 9, 2012

One Lovely Blog


The One Lovely Blog Rules of Acceptance

- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.

My turn! I've noticed a couple of people have put me on their lists, and despite the fact that I may be a day late, I'll do my best not to be a dollar short and link back to them all.

Kitty- who wrote an incredibly touching write up about me.

Thank you all so much for including me!

I could have missed a couple - if I did then let me know and I'll update. 

Seven possibly unknown things about me

1. I have blogging inadequacy syndrome. I get sad that my writing isn't as good as I imagined it would be when I started, and I start to get discouraged. But then I remember my reason for writing - a personal love letter/sex journal for us. Everything else is gravy. (Sometimes damn fine gravy, mind you.)

2. I have friends all over the world, many of whom I have met and many of whom I have not. I love them all, and dearly miss the ones I don't see as often.

3. I make friends quite easily once I get past my personality inadequacy syndrome, and I love hanging out with people.

4. I cook. I love to cook, and it's gotten to the point where the great majority of restaurant food just isn't good enough anymore. Certain kinds of Thai and Chinese foods I've yet to reproduce well enough for my satisfaction, though, as well as some vegan treats.

5. I love having people over and sharing food and companionship with them. 

6. When I was younger, I never thought I would actually have sex. Ever. To that me, the life I live now seems an impossible, sparkly, fairy-dream.

7. I recently discovered Zenni Optical, and I now have 5 pairs of prescription glasses which I love. Previously glasses had been so expensive I'd kept the same pair for 8 years, until they fell apart because my face reacted badly with the metal. My face actually ate through the metal and the glasses broke. Now I have titanium for my main pair and they were cheap. No more rough metal abrading my face!

Bloggers I admire

The bloggers who linked to me above, for reals.

Now, for the rest - I'll annotate because it's basically a repeat of my blog roll.

Leather Cuffs and Silken Bonds
I love the relationship that we get to glimpse through Jake's eyes. It's very special.

I've only just discovered Scot's blog, but it's fantastic. 

Self explanatory. Oh, boy, does she.

Lily is amazing. I have such an enormous girl-crush on her and her writing that it's not even funny.

He writes, and I blush. He's generally very good at pinpointing submissive motivations, though he doesn't post terribly often anymore.

I do not know how June manages to be away from her love, but she does, and she writes, and I read. 

Saiorse doesn't write often either, but she writes well and beautifully and it makes me happy when she does.

Liza writes about scorchingly hot sex and other things. I enjoy reading her - which is unusual for me as non-kink doesn't always press the right buttons in my head. Liza does.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! That is so generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for sharing your writing with us.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention. I just did one of these yesterday. I did it a bit different(surprise), but if you get the chance checkout number 13 on my list. I think you'll like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know that feeling really really well. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nomination, Conina, and what a nice thing to say about my blog (and Joy's and my relationship)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link to ZenniOptical! I might get hooked on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! They have awesome sales sometimes too, like buy two get one free, or free antiglare coating.

      Delete
  5. thanks for playing along :)

    always nice to take a look at new blogs... off i go right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharing, and finding new awesome ones is always a plus.

      Delete
  6. I have number one as well... I post and then I feel all nervous about what I said and how people will react. I have to stop doing that - and so do you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's easy enough to tell yourself to stop it, but to actually do it is a little more difficult.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to all the lovely bloggers and all the ones you've introduced me to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I hope you'll let me know you were here - I like friends!